As an integral member of the team, the Sanctuary Model Lead supports the development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of the Sanctuary Model at the program level and across the organization.
The Sanctuary Model Lead also ensures that professional practices are aligned with the Sanctuary Model and the organization’s strategic and operational goals, including Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. Utilizing a balanced, strategic, and tactical approach that will embrace trauma-informed care and supports, the Sanctuary Model Lead will align all efforts with best practice, quality improvement, accreditation, sectoral, and professional standards and be responsible for advancing the implementation of the Sanctuary Model agency-wide.
The Sanctuary Model Lead will report to the Manager of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Fosters positive and constructive interpersonal relationships with the staff, clients, visitors, outside agencies, and related professional associations.
- Maintains and adheres to all relevant legislation such as the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Mental Health Act.
- Maintains and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates practices, which are consistent with the guiding principles and philosophy of Youthdale Treatment Centres.
- Development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of training and development programs aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities and guiding principles.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Works flexible hours including evenings to facilitate client meetings and debriefs where required.
- Leads the development, implementation, maintenance and adherence of the Sanctuary Model at the program level and organizational level.
- Collaborates with teams, clients, caregivers and leadership to ensure that Sanctuary Model practices are implemented, consistent and integrated.
- Perform training and development needs assessments in alignment with professional practice and quality improvement standards for registered and non-registered professions.
- Responsible for completion of the Sanctuary model 3 year implementation task list and ongoing accreditation responsibilities.
- Chairs the Sanctuary Model Core Team Meetings.
- Participates as leading member of the Sanctuary Model Steering Committee.
- Reports to the Leadership Committee offering updates on progress.
- Adheres to strategic planning goals relating to Sanctuary Model.
- Maintain confidentiality of the personal information of clients and staff.
- Collects data ensuring quality and monitors the organization in meeting Sanctuary Model accreditation standards.
- Continues staff momentum implementing sanctuary across the organization (i.e. attending department meetings offering updates, hosting events, troubleshooting how to implement).
- Attends all programs in supporting the launch of the Sanctuary Model.
- Is the main Sanctuary Model contact for the agency and responds to all Sanctuary Model queries.
- Acts as liaison between the agency and Sanctuary Model contacts/trainers and collaborates with our Sanctuary Model contacts regularly.
- Oversees all agency Sanctuary Model trainers and schedules trainings for all staff.
- Designs, develops, implements and communicates a complement of Sanctuary Model trainings and development tools reflecting the required, attributes and competencies to support the implementation in keeping with legislated and professional requirements.
- Promotes a vision of Sanctuary Model training and development excellence.
- Incorporates and ensures all training and tools embrace the client perspective with an emphasis on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- On an ongoing basis, supports individual, and program clinical staff and practice, while recognizing and maintaining focus on the broader needs and goals of the organization as a whole
- Collaborates with programs to identify key issues impacting clinical staff at the professional, organizational and individual level; identifies practice opportunities and gaps that are common, helps determine what factors are driving the issues and helps to develop action plans and strategies for influencing and managing decision making and implementing best practice.
- Coordinates and partners with Human Resources to enhance the employee experience, promoting an investment in staff across all levels in the organization.
- Supports a high quality workplace that promotes staff well-being, safety, productivity and recognition.
- Promotes and supports program-based, organizational and other quality improvement and development initiatives to enhance client-centered care and profession specific and inter-professional practice.
- Assumes leadership accountability for the Sanctuary Model program-specific and organization–wide practice priorities that are aligned with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Promotes a spirit of critical inquiry and analysis among staff in the provision of client-centered care and engagement.
- Supports or participates in evidence-based research activities related to profession specific or inter-professional practice to improve client care outcomes.
- Orders materials as needed for trainers and arranges ongoing train the trainer dates and Sanctuary Model events.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Trained in Sanctuary Model or Trauma Informed Care is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in mental health setting.
- Extensive experience in mental health, addictions, and community health serving complex, vulnerable, and marginalized populations, including children, youth, and individuals from the BIPOC, LGBTQ2+, and other communities.
- Experience in program development with an emphasis on the training and development of skills related to mental health and addictions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to train, deliver, and influence a wide range of audiences.
- Highly effective training and development skills with experience in developing tools and systems for competency and capacity development.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.