Program Assistant, NYS Trauma Informed Network and Resource Center
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator, NYS Trauma Informed Network and Resource Center
CCSI SERVICE LINE: Consulting Services
DATE: February 2023
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
ABOUT CCSI: CCSI is a not-for-profit management services organization with a special focus in the area of behavioral health and human services. We help provider agencies, local and state government, and other not-for-profits deliver programs and services that improve health and quality of life for the people they serve. Our administrative offices are in Rochester and we work with customers and communities across New York State. Our customers are our partners, and we work hard to develop the longstanding, productive relationships needed to support high quality services.
CCSI’s culture is one that values integrity, innovation, community connectedness, and exceptional customer service. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and efforts aimed toward dismantling structural racism. Our people make CCSI what it is and in turn, we strive to create a work environment that supports both personal and professional growth. We work hard and appreciate the importance of wellness through work/life integration.
ABOUT THE NEW YORK STATE TRAUMA INFORMED NETWORK AND RESOURCE CENTER: CCSI has worked in partnership with NYS Office of Mental Health in the development and implementation of the Trauma Informed Network (TIN) across New York State since its 2018 inception. The purpose of the NYS TIN is to advance an understanding of trauma, the use of trauma-informed principles across sectors, and the availability of trauma-informed care throughout NYS. In addition, the NYS TIN provides a formal mechanism to connect traumainformed leaders and practitioners across NYS and supports their ability to collaborate, leverage successful strategies, and learn from each other. The Network is expanding to a capacity building Resource Center including development of informational materials, providing technical assistance and training, and mobilizing educational/information materials and resources to support a timely response to traumatic events within New York State.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Program Assistant supports the project team with operational responsibilities, compiling information needed; meeting logistics, materials prep, documentation, minutes; coordination of training scheduling, registrations, materials prep; conference planning and logistics; website posting, managing website content; coordinate/ produce/disseminate monthly newsletter.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide all daily administrative support including calendar management, creating/editing correspondence, materials and newsletter
- Support development and ongoing maintenance of the Network’s social media presence along with marketing materials.
- Support efforts to organize and create templates for the team’s work products.
- Collaborates with Project Team to develop high quality training materials, resources and reports.
- Ensure standardized curriculum formatting, editing, and branding of training materials and resources
- Schedule, host, and produce Zoom meetings and virtual trainings by deep knowledge and understanding of the technical platform
- Schedule internal and external project meetings. Take and disseminate minutes at project meeting tied to key meeting points.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including air/ground transportation and accommodations.
- Coordinate and schedule arrangements for meetings and conferences (with internal & external visitors), including reserving rooms, ensuring that guest speakers are adequately prepared, catering, developing/revising presentations, confirming attendees, and providing follow up communications as needed.
- Provides support for in-person trainings, conferences and other events.
- Fulfills other responsibilities as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will need competence in:
- Communicating effectively; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills as evidenced by the ability to develop and implement tracking mechanism for work projects.
- Well-established time and task management skills, including the ability to balance competing priorities
- Demonstrated skill in managing training logistics, preparing/compiling information and materials, website posting, newsletter production
- Striving for self-development and taking initiative to be resourceful.
- Problem-solving and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of comfort with standard software packages, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience and success with facilitation and coordination via Zoom platform
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree and 5 years’ experience in providing high level administrative and program coordination support, or or equivalent education and work experience (see CCSI’s equivalency chart).
Respect the confidential nature of all CCSI and CCSI customer information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance. Staff working directly with protected health information /electronically stored protected health information, personally identifiable information, and other patient/consumer/customer data, will abide by the specific procedures and policies outlined by CCSI’s Code of Conduct and CCSI’s Privacy and Security Policies, New York State regulations and Federal regulations.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR SUPERVISORS:
- Consistently models CCSI’s Operating Principles: Excellence in Customer Service, Collaboration, Individualized Work/Life Integration, Integrity, Innovation,
- Community Connectedness, Honoring People and Their Work, Diversity and Inclusion
- Meets regularly with team and individual team members to listen, encourage open communication, provide feedback and recognize achievements
- Engages and guides team members in establishing annual performance objectives and holds them accountable for achieving these objectives
- Practices CCSI’s internal operational and financial processes and systems on a timely, consistent basis
- Utilizes regular time and resources for self and direct report training, learning, and development, ensuring that new knowledge and skill are shared and applied on the job
The responsibilities listed for the position are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not constitute an agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.